Monday, August 09, 2004

A Quote & My New Nephew

"The goal of faith is not to create a set of immutable, rationalized, precisely defined and defendable beliefs to preserve forever. It is to recover a relationship with God." Michael Yaconelli

For those of you saying "well, of course," -- just a reminder that there are many many "good" people out there who would find that statement offensive and untrue.



I met my seven-month old nephew Brendan yesterday. He smiles and laughs all the time. I've never seen a baby smile and a laugh as much. (He got all the "happy joy" genes in my family -- the rest of us lack that one). I really enjoyed my few hours with him and my other nephew Bryce. I like being an uncle. In general, I really like kids. (if you knew me more than ten years ago, you'll know that to be a miraculous statement coming from me). I find myself often wanting to pay attention to the little kids when I'm in a room with both kids & adults (until, of course, the kid poops). So Weird. Yet very much the way it should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home