Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Quotes to Chew On (or Spit Out):
 
"The heartfelt compassion that hastens forgiveness matures when we discover where our enemy cries."  Brennan Manning 
 
(you may substitute "friend who has differing views on issues" for the word "enemy" above if you like).
 
 
"When I attempt to make myself virtuous, the me I can thus organize & discipline is no more than the me of which I am aware.  And it is precisely the equation of my total self with this one small part of it which is the root cause of all sin.  This is the fundamental mistake often made in exhortations to repentance and amendment.  They attempt to cofirm me in my lack of faith by getting me to organize the self I know against the self I do not know."  H.A. Williams

1 Comments:

Blogger hisheidi said...

So true...

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home