Tuesday, July 27, 2004

So Strange

My life is so ridiculously strange.  I feel like I go into a phone booth and change costumes several times each week.  

One moment I'm teaching the book of Hebrews at Fish House, the next moment I'm answering Professor Wonsowicz's socratic questions on the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, the next moment I'm being spit up on by a newborn, the next moment I'm at Kinko's getting an update prepared for our out-of-town financial supporters.

That reminds me:  While I was waiting on Kinko's I had fifteen minutes to kill, so I walked over to Borders.  I walked around and tried to figure out what kind of books I'm interested in.  I used to go to the religion section automatically, but I don't have time to read that stuff right now, and I feel like I've read most of what those books have to say anyway.  I used to read "Runners World" magazine at the bookstore to find nearby roadraces to enter, but I don't have the time or the energy for races right now.  Once upon a time I looked through law books at the bookstore, but the thought of that nauseated me.  So I wandered around Borders like a lost freak not knowing what section I belonged in.  I thought to myself how much the bookstore now serves as a microcosm for the strangeness of my life. 

I finally decided to spend a few minutes in the "Humor" section (figuring the joke's on me anyway) when I realized it was time to go pick up my order at Kinkos.  And so it goes.



2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I dont know where to go at Borders anymore either.

1:01 AM  
Blogger Tera said...

What is this "Borders" that you so affectionately refer to?

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home