Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Torn
The following thoughts came out of my mouth at a lunch meeting yesterday, and I think they are worth commemorating here in blogdom.

I'm torn between:

1) Wanting to take advantage of this season to rid myself of all "religious addiction." (On Sundays at 6PM I'm subject to relapse).

2) Still longing to find deep & meaningful connection with Father within the life of an intimate community. It's becoming easier to find the community, but the connection with Father element is still not there, at least not to the degree I dream it could be.

It's difficult to not give up one of the above in the quest for the other. That is the current spiritual struggle for me.




2 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

I'm a little confused as to what you mean by "religious addiction." Being that I don't quite know what i'm talking about I may be way off base, but I have a feeling its connected to this general intuition by the people i know and love in vegas the spontaneous "spirituality" is axiomatically superior to "being spiritual" (for lack of a better term) through planned activities (what I might positively label disciplines). While people can obviously pervert such disiplines, i'm worried that too much effort is often spent worrying about feeling/experiencing God-that such feelings are how one validates certain religious thoughts, practices, or beliefs (of course all of this plays into the privitization and individualization of the gospel message). Anyway, i'd appreciate some feedback (if this is what you're talking about or even if its not)

10:42 PM  
Blogger Tera said...

I think it is a matter of time and finding the right spiritual family that connects with your search. Be it over lunch with two friends or dinner with two families. I’d almost say that the balance between the two would be ideal. Most often when I am searching for our Father, I tend to express myself better with one person that relates to me and then share my findings with the families. It is through their conversation that I hear the Father better.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home