Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A little about a lot of things

So much happening once again. Ramon's big batchelor bash was Saturday night. We went on a whirlwind tour of four different places that night, but the Mix at the top of the Mandalay Bay was the highlight. It's the best view of the Vegas Strip I've ever seen. And we didn't have to pay the $30 cover to get in! Lot's of fun, and I'm still tired from it (and I didn't stay as late as some did).

Then their rehearal and wedding this weekend. Rebekah had Jen Parks' baby shower the weekend before, as well as Mary Ann's batchelorette party (don't know how to spell that). I'm in over my head doing reserach for the U.S. Attorneys Office. It is fascinating learning new areas of law all the time. Lots of friends moving houses (locally) these days, though I haven't been of much help to any of them. We had an interesting Apex Gathering last Sunday, the highlight of which turned out to be Adam & Michelle sucking us into a funky remix of "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms." Guess you had to be there (and many were not), but it was something. And then travel awaits. Rebekah, Tori, & Lucas embark on their big three-week journey to visit both families in Middle America soon. I'll be joining them for one of those weeks.

It all makes me wonder what life is like for those who live in a small town somewhere and do pretty much the same thing every week. Sounds horrible. And, sounds outstanding. And, sounds different than anything I know.

Last (and probably least), I had my best semester ever in law school. Go figure. I put in the same time and effort as I always have, but my grades went up for some reason. Since I know that next semester will be probably be humbling once again, I will control my gloating.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ramon Avendano said...

What were you grades?

And did it really cost $30 for the cover?

Is so, we saved nearly $300.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Tera said...

I'll comment on the whole small town doing the same thing every week.....

Went camping with my two sons Friday and Saturday – in the pines, by a lake, 10 minutes from Wallmart. Spent all of two minutes in traffic for the whole week. Hung out with Gene, Lisa and Serenity for three days – basically eating. All in all very enjoyable.


Hope to see you soon my friend.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home