Thursday, January 20, 2005

News from the Week

Finally, I have a professor who wants to get theoretical. He is to law what Phil Webster is to theology. He started class by telling us the only real benefit of law school is that it teaches one to think analytically about everything, unlike most forms of undergraduate & graduate education. He quoted Dostoyevski (or however you spell it). He told us we should go through law school for the education even if we never practice law. (Dana Robinson told me that when I was contemplating this journey, and I haven't heard again until now). At any rate, this prof may be nuts, but I like him. He has stimulated my intellect already.

On another note, last night I attended a bi-polar support group with two of my friends who attend regularly. Since both of them, along with Rebekah, are diagnosed with bi-polar, I was intrigued by the meeting. The director of the organizaton that runs the meeting shared afterward that they need $500 per month to keep the org afloat, and they aren't making it. I instantly felt a desire to help them from a non-profit standpoint (since that's really the only thing I know how to do). I don't have the time or the resources to help them, but I have a strong desire to do it. Something to think/pray about for awhile. (if you're looking for a very worthy cause to donate to, I'll join you in supporting these guys!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home