Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Break, Continued

As always happens with me, by the middle of my school break I've managed to get back to the point where work takes all the time that I used to split between work & school. What's wrong with me?

But, alas, entertainment still must carve out some time. Here's the continued movies reviews:

Garden State: I suppose a bit sappy, but a very fine film with lots of real meaning. The characters were real to me, which I can't say about very many movies. And, although not really a comedy, this movie had some great subtle humor in it.

Anchorman: Better than Dodgeball. That's about all I can say.

SNL's Best of Adam Sandler: I hate to say it, but if you can make an exception for the Matt Foley sketch, the Sandler DVD is funnier than the Farley DVD. I'm surprised I'm saying that. And I mean no disrespect to extremely funny dead men. But the halloween song is just funnier every time I watch it.

And, Tommy, who did make fun of my previous Mellencamp reference, it's songs like: Peaceful World, Human Wheels, I'm Not Running Anymore, Teardrops Will Fall, Get a Leg Up. That's the stuff I'm talking about. It's not just about Jack & Diane & Small Town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home