Saturday, January 15, 2005

Thoughts on This & That

Time to admit it -- I have a bit of a cold. I've bargained with God about not getting sick duirng so many big weeks over the past several months, that I guess I can't complain. And so far it's mild compared to previous year's versions.

For a few minutes this morning I considered running in the Las Vegas half-marathon on Jan. 30. Last time I ran one (Jan 2003) I took three months to prep. Yet I can run 6 miles now, so I figured I could stretch out to 10 miles next Saturday, then show up on the 30th & go for the 13 miles. It would be spontaneous & kind of fun. Not to worry, though, because that idea passed in just a few short minutes.

Tori & I are learning chess. Good game. Not as hard as I thought it would be to learn, but harder than I thought it would be to master.

We're going to visit my parents & Rebekah's parents in the Midwest over Spring Break (only a couple of months away). Plane tix for a family of four is dang expensive.

It's 60 degrees & sunny here on January 15. After the past few weeks I almost forgot -- this is why we love the weather here. That snowman from last week will soon be forgotten.

And last, but not least, it's hard to be really close with more than just a very few people.








2 Comments:

Blogger MrH said...

Hey, I'm glad you considered the 1/2, even only in a passing thought. :)

2:54 PM  
Blogger zride17 said...

I've found that I hardly have room for more than 8 close friends. Sometimes people get hurt because they feel closer to you than you do to them. Sucks.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home