Sunday, August 22, 2004

The Ocean

Over the past seven days, the Ocean has breathed life back into my soul. (Of course, travelling with a five-year-old and a newborn has drained some of the life back out, but I think I'm still running on a fuller tank than I was a week ago.)

Oceanside's Beach is now one of my favories. I spent this past weekend there with Jim, Nicole, Keith, Maren, Samantha, Alicia, Summer, Joseph, Rebekah, Tori, and Lucas. (No, that's not us in the photo.) It comes in second only to the beach at Marco Island, Florida on my list so far.

Rebekah, Tori, Lucas, and I spent the five days before that at Mission Bay in San Diego. It was 99% a great and relaxing experience, and it was 1% "travelling with little kids" (did I mention that earlier?). I'd do it again with them in a heartbeat (well, mabye more like in five years).

Travelling, like the ocean, is in my soul. Over the past fifteen years, I have spent countless days and nights on the road for both business and pleasure. No matter whether the trip is stressful or blissful, I always come back with a better perspective on life and peace in my soul. I think I need the distraction of travel to snap me out of the routine of daily life. Maybe more so than the average person.

I didn't read or think much on this trip. That's unusual for me. I had no earth-shattering revelations on this trip. Instead, I had rest and fun. Not all bad.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home