Tuesday, June 29, 2004

An Arrival, (of sorts)
This life is a journey. People who pretend they have already arrived scare me, or at least, depress me. So I won't pretend that the journey ends anytime soon. But I do celebrate that one mountain has been climbed, and I can look out over the horizon and see that we have journeyed far (even though the next part of the trail already beckons).

Over the past year I have moved houses (twice actually), moved offices, had a baby, worked through the transition to monthly Apex gatherings, and gone back to school (beginning what is supposedly one of the most rigourous academic pursuits that exists). I'm kind of hoping that the next year involves less change!

I'm kind of hoping that the next year involves more time hanging out with my family, Rebekah, Tori, & Lucas. I'm kind of hoping the next year involves more time hanging out with my intimate spiritual family, the Boyds, Caldwells, Nybergs, & Parks. I'm hoping the next year involves more time hanging out with the other twenty or thrity families that make up my extended spiritual family.

I hope to see beaches and mountains this next year. I hope to learn how to walk daily with Father this next year. I hope to avoid filling out mortgage forms & real estate agreements this next year. I hope that in this next year I will be free to allow my Sunday afternoons to spill into my Sunday evenings more often. I hope to hang out more with Dave & my other school friends. I hope to call some of you at the spur of the moment to go out to dinner. I hope . . . I think you get the picture. This next chapter of the journey may be much different than the last one for me. I feel free today. It's time to head down the next path. I'm excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home