Thursday, October 02, 2003

Fun!
Last spring as I was trying to decide what to do with ministry, school, etc., somebody told me to do what I wanted to do, whatever decisions that would mean, but . . . that I must have fun in the process.

I'm not always natural with having fun. Last night I went to the Cubs/Braves playoff game in Atlanta. I ended up only getting about 7 hours sleep over two nights (that's crazy), but it was worth it! Lots of fun. The Cubs lost, but it was an incredibly dramatic game, and the series is now tied 1-1. Of the 52,000 fans at the game in Atlanta, I would guess 20,000 were Cubs fans. Many of them were idiots like me who travelled to get there. It made being a Cubs fan all the more fun. Twenty years of rooting for a loser is finally paying off.

Thanks to my brother-in-law Mike. He got me free tix behind the plate, free food at the stadium, and a new Cubs cap for $5. If it weren't for the fact that he's a Braves fan, he would be a hell of a guy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home