Friday, July 15, 2005

Hot

There's an old .38 Special song called "Chain Lightning." One of the lines in the chorus says, "It's hotter than hell on a Saturday night." Vegas is currently right there.

Watching the news last night, our neighborhood hit 120 degress yesterday. I moved here in 1999, and I don't think I've heard the 120 mark here in town until yesterday. And it felt that hot for sure.

Death Valley hit 132 yeterday. I read in a book this week that the Sahara desert can reach 135 degrees. We're not that far away.

Perhaps the most amazing thing is how "high" the "lows" have been each day. Close to 90 degrees. Earlier in the week, I went running around 6:30AM, and it wasn't bad. Today I didn't have to be anywhere early in the morning, so I didn't run until 8AM. It was seriously hot out. When I got back home, I turned on the weather and saw that is was already 95 degrees. That's hot for 8AM!

I'm looking forward to the cool air of southern California here in a few weeks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tera said...

Yup, I know what you mean. It is a scorching 98 today but the evenings will get close to 60. Did I mention that my town is always looking for legal help and needs to start a community of simple churches?

4:36 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Yeah...pretty much everyday here has been a high of 77 and a low of 66...but yesterday it got up to 80, so I know what you mean.

miss ya...

3:35 AM  
Blogger miah said...

wow. makes me want to move to vegas.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Things are hot here too. Two days ago it almost got to 70.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home