Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Stream of Thoughts

Luc decided to start talking recently. He says dada (that's me), basketball, bouncy ball, raw raw (that means "round & round" and it is what a ceiling fan does), waa (that means wall), hhhhot (that is what the oven and lightbulbs are), and haa (that means hi), and eeemama (which means mom, give me a bottle now, dag nab it!), and a few other things from time to time.

Tori "graduates" from Kindergarten tomorrow. She got a great report card.

Becka and I will be going to San Diego for a weekend next month to celebrate our Tenth Anniversary. Even two nights away will seem like a lot since we are surrounded by two little creatures 24/7.

And as for me, June is probably my busiest month of this year. Jeremiah Smith is coming from New Hampshire to hang out with us for a week, I'm doing my summer school credits by assisting a federal judge with research this summer, I have a timed paper to do for school from June 13-25, we have an Apex Gathering this weekend, I'm trying to get out to visit some house churches etc., etc.

I'm not really complaining, though. Busy isn't all bad. I'm fairly content these days, though there still is sadness in me since the Boyds & Harshmans have moved away.

As I hinted at in a previous entry, I'm hungry for me and my community to get out and serve the needs around us more. We need some tangible mission of some kind.

My retirement goal: sit on the beach and stare at the ocean, eat fish tacos, drink red wine, and listen to jazz. Actually, I dont' think I'll ever really retire, but I would like to do more of what I just described above.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ramon Avendano said...

When I open my restaurant, I will give you all the fish tacos you want...for free!!!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home