Thursday, May 26, 2005

Various Thoughts on Various Things


BIRTHDAYS:
Today is Lucas' first birthday! Our hearts were filled with anxiety a year ago, but they are filled with joy today. In an amazing coincidence, today is also my mom's 60th birthday.


PARADOX OF RELIGIOUS SYSTEMS:
I want/need to be part of a system that assumes He exists (it sometimes feels hard to find Him without that). But, the danger is how much such systems assume about what He is like (it's too easy to lose track of what extras the system is requiring of me).


THOUGHT THAT GRABBED ME FROM "BLUE LIKE JAZZ":
I became the person I should be and not the person I am. Now I'm going back to get the person that I am and bring him to become the person I should be.


FUTURE FOR ME (& HOPEFULLY ALSO FOR MY COMMUNITY):
More focus on serving and loving people in need in the culture around me (some call it "social justice"). For me, wondering how a law degree can be used that way. For us, rediscovering the magic of the "Team Tangible" Era as a huge part of our future together.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ramon Avendano said...

Greg -

regarding the "future" portion of your blog...this is what I read this morning and thought of you and us as a community. Pay special attention to verse 8...but with that said, all of these verses apply:

"3 At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone."

Thanks.

Ramon

2:47 PM  
Blogger Ramon Avendano said...

That was Titus 3:3-8.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Ramon Avendano said...

Again, sorry. I left out some verses. Here are the remaining verses (Titus 3:12-14) Look carefully at verse 14:

12 As soon as I send Artemas or Tychicus to you, do your best to come to me at Nicopolis, because I have decided to winter there. 13 Do everything you can to help Zenas the lawyer and Apollos on their way and see that they have everything they need. 14 Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order that they may provide for daily necessities and not live unproductive lives.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home