Friday, June 18, 2004

A Wish of Mine
My life has become fragmented into several different worlds. They are all cool in their own ways. But I have a wish. I wish somehow my worlds could be merged together, or overlap more, or something. I mean . . .

I wish my law school friends really understood how cool by Apex family is. They have no idea what we have experienced together.

I wish my Apex family had a hint of how incredibly challenging the whole law school experience has been for me. I don't have words to express how far this thing has stretched me.

I wish my non-parenting friends could experience with me the overwhelming goodness (and the sleepless frustration) of being the parent of two kids.

I wish my biolgical family and my family-in-law back in the midwest had shared enough of my experiences to really understand where I'm coming from and where I'm heading.

Occasionaly, I venture into a conversation trying to merge or overlap somebody from one of my worlds into the experiences from one of my other worlds. I enter those conversations hopeful. I usually exit those conversations disappointed. It is very hard to merge such distinct areas of life. Yet without those mergers, there are very few people who really know me. I suspect there are also very few people whom I really know.

I'll continue to watch for what happens. Perhaps the season for such merging has not yet come.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tera said...

I wish you knew how much you and your family are loved.
I wish you saw what your work has produced in the Apex family and in my own personal walk with the Father.
My friend, I thank you for all that you are. I hope that you find peace and comfort in this frenzied paced world that we live in. God bless you and your family.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home