Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Snow
Last night I awoke from a very bizarre dream at 4 AM. For some unknown reason, I decided to turn on the porch light and look out the window. I thought I saw snow. That made me think I really needed more sleep. Then I looked out the back door, where there was more light, and confirmed that it was snow -- snow all over the ground -- snow falling from the sky. I've lived in Vegas almost five years, and this is the first time I've ever seen snow stick to the ground. I brushed over two inches off of my car later in the morning.

It was odd since I had heard the weather forecast on the 11PM news just hours before: slight chance of rain.

I woke up Becka. She woke up Tori. We looked at the snow, took pictures, and acted a bit silly. We then went back to bed for a few hours. When I got up, the snow was still there. Vegas blanketed in white. Very odd.

You just never know what changes a day will bring. Tragic events. Great moments of new hope. Or, as in this case, something not dramatically good or bad, just incredibly unexpected. (And I still haven't told you about my dream!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home