Friday, April 18, 2008

Marty, Guitar Hero, & the Earth Shakes

Three things really surprised me this week, all totally unrelated to each other.

1. Marty Brennaman calling Cubs fans the most obnoxious fans in the league? Marty, I have always thought you were one of the best, but come on! You have to admire the fans who sell out your stadium by travelling there to support their team on the road! Come on!

2. I played Guitar Hero for the first time this week. Fun stuff. Gift idea: I want the drummer version, whatever it is called.

3. We had a 5.2 Earthquake here in central Indiana this morning. Very odd. I awoke at 5:40 AM to feel the house shaking. At first I thought it was wind, then I realized that if that was wind, we were in trouble. Next I assumed someone in my family was shaking the bed. Then I realized what was happening. It woke all of us up except Tori. Very, very strange. I also felt an aftershock at 11:15 this morning.

This was my third earthquake. Felt one here in Indy back in the late 80s. Felt a bigger one (7.0) in Vegas during our first year there. It woke us in the middle of the night, and we could feel the wave rolling under us. Scary. I remember feeling motion sickness in my stomach from that one. We awoke thinking Tori (then still in a crib) was jumping up and down in her crib. Then we saw that she was still asleep, but the crib was still shaking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home