Sunday, August 05, 2007

I'm a Real Man Now, and Other Updates

Bought me a weed eater. Not just a weed eater. It's gotta four cycle engine so you don't have to mix the oil and gas. It's got an attachment that turns it into a leaf blower. The engine's got more power than my first car. It's choice. Except I spent most of the morning re-spooling the string. Had me a weed eater twenty years ago when I mowed lawns during high school. This is my first since.

On a more serious note, we're back from our getaway to Michigan. I'm going to spend this week getting the house in order, going through piles of stuff that used to be in boxes and giving it a permanent home: going through the garage, the basement, the files in the office, working on de-jungling the yard, etc.

Tori goes back to school on August 15, and on that date I plan to begin preparing for the practice of law, one way or another.

We're also thinking about starting to open up the house on Sundays in a few weeks. Open to anyone to come by. We're thinking of prayer/devotional time around 11AM, then a pot luck meal around 1PM, and opening it up for anybody who wants to come for one or both (or neither). We'll see if that is develops into anything, unless we feel led to do it another way in the meantime.

I'm missing Vegas friends, but also feeling a real sense of contentment about living here. Once we returned from a week in Michigan, followed by a day at my parents' house, the house here in Fishers really feels like home.

Rebekah and I had a great four days away at a house on Lake Michigan, without the kids. It was big-time relaxing. "We did nothing, and it was everything we dreamed it could be."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home