Thursday, July 26, 2007

At long last

I'm done.

Today is my "true graduation." Law school is really over now that I've taken the Indiana Bar Exam. By early October, I'll know if I passed. I would guess that I did pass, but guessing on bar exams can really come back to haunt you.

I'm brain-dead. I was in a daze much of today, and developed a bad headache, which is very rare for me. It was two full days of intense testing. And before that, two months of intense studying. And before that, four years of law school.

Thank you to everyone who helped me get through all of this . . .

Rebekah, Tori, Lucas, who dealt with my busyness and my mood swings;

my parents, Rebekah's parents, my brother Jason and his family, who were encouraging and understanding even though they were all a bit shocked when I decided to do this;

my whole Apex family in Vegas (I would name all of you if I were not so tired right now) who allowed me to work for them while constantly having this law school distraction, and were so considerate in always asking me how it was going when I really should have spent more time asking them about their lives instead;

my friends who used to live in Vegas who are now scattered about the country;

and Dave, my study partner throughout, who has become a very good friend.

Hopefully this will be the last blog entry where I complain about how busy and tired (and frustrated at times) this whole experience has made me. I'm glad I did it. I never would have done it if I had known how hard it would be, yet having done it . . . I'm glad I did. I have learned so much law, and so much about every other academic area that intersects with law, and so much about how to deal with something that pushes you farther than you think you can go.

I need about a week to recover and feel normal again. We're heading to Michigan for some family time. I hope to catch up with many of you when we get back.

All the love,

Greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home