Saturday, July 07, 2007

Welcome to the Neighborhood, and Our First Vegas Visitors

Interesting neighborhood we have landed in. We were greeted by several families on our first night here, we borrowed chairs and other things from people right away, and several people showed up to help us as we unloaded our truck.

On the Fourth, we joined in the neighborhood tradition of having a full-scale block party. They set up an overhead awning out in the cul-de-sac where we all hung out. People moved their grills out front and made food. There were games for the kids, some firework launching, and even a movie out on the big-screen. Everyone knows each other and is very eager to welcome us and a couple of other new families into the community. Very interesting.

I am actually quite excited about it, though it has been weird for me because I'm so overwhelmed with bar exam preparations and unpacking the new house that I feel unable to dive fully into the community going on around me. I really hope that changes in August. With community already happening, I think simple church is just a matter of time, though I am very willing to wait and see how it naturally progresses.

Nybergs stopped by yesterday. They were officially our first Vegas Visitors! We hope to have more in the future.

I'm brain-fried after taking a seven-hour simulated Multistate Exam today. It is an exact replica of the second day of the bar exam. It sucked more than words can describe, but I survived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home