Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Tribute to "Fish House"

Here's a list of people that I can think of who were once core members of the Fish House, and have since moved to another city:

Justin & Jennifer Clark & kids (Cincinnati)
Joe & Debbie Boyd & kid (L.A.)
Adam & Shirley Mercier (Phoenix)
Shad & Sherry Matheny & kids (San Francisco area)
Dave & Amy Carder & kids (Iceland, then ???)
Steve & Jules Col (east coast somewhere?)
Samantha St. Ours & kids (Lousiville, I think)

I'm sure I'm forgetting quite a few. And now, John Matuszak is in the midst of a three-month assignment in Iraq. Then there were the Dunfields, until Tim got a worship leading job at the Crossing. Wow. This group has been either the best "sending" church we've ever had, or the group with the most bad luck and sorrow we've ever had, depending on how you look at it.

I went by last night to visit the few who are holding down the fort. I thought I would be delivering a condonlences message, and helping to pick up the pieces. Yet I found a very few faithful who were too busy being the church with each other to allow me to interrupt with such nonsense.

Just reminded me that when the church is God's people on God's mission with each other, its pretty darn hard to defeat her. It takes more than scattering. I guess that's what happened as Acts as well.

At any rate, this concludes my tribute to Fish House, or whatever that community (or its scattered offspring) might be called these days.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

In my opinion, we are called family. Blessings from Pleasanton California. (East Bay San Fran.)

4:00 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

To add to your list... Todd and Kimberly (drawing a blank on last name) moved to Virginia. Susie Bageant is heading to India.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Todd and Kimberly Keller....Jessi rememberd; she was 7 when they left. :)

6:42 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Oh yeah, we rock. For the record, Brent Givens named it "Fish House" and then never actually joined the community...they moved to northern cal.

2:33 AM  
Blogger The Hubbard Family said...

John, great to hear your voice (figuratively speaking). Our prayers are with you and we can't wait to see you!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home