Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Kyle Hanrahan

About a year ago I got back in touch with one of my best friends in high school. We e-mailed and talked by phone. We planned to get together. Then I had a baby. Then he had a baby. (Our wives did, of course). And suddenly another year had gone by.

We last saw each other in 1989. At one time, we planned to be roommates together at Indiana University. Then one of us (guess who) decided to make some crazy life change and go off to a seminary in Cincinnati, and ended up living in Colorado, New Jersey, New York, and finallly Las Vegas. Our paths never crossed until that e-mail exchange last spring.

He is now an FBI agent in New Orleans, and he is here in town for a convention. Tonight he's coming over for dinner, to meet the family and catch up.

I don't think I've ever been close friends with someone, then gone over fifteen years without seeing them, and then had them come over one night. It should be awesome and yet freakin' weird all at the same time. I'm almost nervous about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ramon Avendano said...

Greg, I am happy for you.

Congratulations.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home