Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Crunch Time
I recently joked to Rebekah that the two kinds of people I trust least in the world are lawyers and pastors. I was half-kidding about both!

I've spent every spare second of my time since last Friday working on my second Lawyering Process Memo, which is essentially a paper that serves as the final exam for my legal research class. It is the single most complicated school assignment I have yet to encounter. Once that is turned in on Thanksgiving Week, I have two final exams to take in mid-December. Those two exams, along with this paper, make up 3/4 of my total grades for this semester.

My thoughts so far: On the one hand, I've heard more lawyer jokes (some of them quite good) in the last three months than ever before. On the other hand, I've come to appreciate that lawyers, regarless of the stereotypes, are very intelligent people who do (or at least did at one point) work their asses off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home