Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Con Law II

I'm taking an interesting class this semester. It's called Constitutional Law II. So far, we've been reading Supreme Court cases from several decades dealing with the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment. It gets into race & gender discrimination. The Court has struggled to figure it all out over the years, mainly because it always comes down to the political views of the justices, whether conservative, liberal, or moderate. And the same is true for me. The politics I have known from my life experiences shapes my opinions on such things.

It just reinforces one thing I have thought and said for years: Anyone who really has a primary allegiance to the Kingdom first, and who really studies and understands the issues, cannot easily buy into the entire platform of either political party. I really mean that. Luke 6, as well as much of the Old Testament Prophets, sounds the cry of social justice in a way that the Republican Party just doesn't get. And, of course, the entire Judeo-Christian foundation of family being the primary unit of society (more so than even the individual) is something that the Democratic Party just doesn't get.

Maybe I should run for President or something!?!? Just a joke, but I really believe that chosing between A & B, though somtimes necessary to stay sane, is really an oversimplistic way to deal with life many times.

Here's an article that explains better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I beseech thee, Mr. President; allow this poor, humble servant to serve you as polical advisor.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home