Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Last Weekend
I just got back from a great weekend in New Hampshire. I went to visit Jeremiah & Melissa Smith, who are planting simple churches in the city of Manchester (the Amoskeag Project). It was a very tiring, yet extremely rewarding trip. I came home feeling very excited to see other people going on the same journey as we have when it comes to simple church planting. I felt an instant connection with the people there as we spent time together discussing and being the church.

On a lighter note, I also got to see a Red Sox game at Fenway Park in Boston, the oldest Major Leauge Stadium. For us peculiar people known as baseball fans, that is a big deal. On the last night of the trip we drove up the coast of Maine (just remember Dana Carvey imitating George Bush the Elder "we're going to Kennebunkport, Maine for a little trip"). That was exciting to me because it is a state I hadn't been in. Later that night, as I couldn't sleep because of Time Zone issues, I figured up that I've now been to 40 of the 50 states. Not sure if anybody cares about that, but it was an interesting bit of trivia to me.

My final reflection was how good it was to come home. As much as I enjoyed the green grass, the blue water, the cool temperatues, and the hundred-year-old architecture of New England, I have to admit that the brown desert and stucco homes of Vegas make me feel at home. It's good to be back with the people I love in this strange city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home