Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Transcience

Weird few days. Helped Jeremiah and Melissa move in yesterday. Then tonight I visited Fish House. I met Rafe, who just moved here from Southern California to be a pastry chef at the Ritz Carlton. The Carders were there (minus Dave) visiting from Iceland. And Sara will be having a baby any day now. So, there's is all this new life surrounding me.

Yet on the other hand, Shad was there, and he and his family will be moving to the Bay Area this weekend. More loss.

And so it goes. People moving in; people moving out. Yet I sense that our community is starting to find a healthy way to navigate this one thing we know to be constant: change.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tera said...

we learn and we GO. Thank you for teaching and experiencing with me this new life.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I think one day we'll look back and see that our purpose wasn't to be but to send. My mind is full of memories of wonderful people who became part of us and moved on. The largest ministry of Apex has been what others have been able to glean from our table and take with them to wherever they settle. I have believed for a couple of years that God's purpose for us was/is to subtly take part in the change He's making to the church in North America through these people who come and go.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home