Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Occassional Sports Update (for those who care)

My Colts are now 13-0! I've been a huge fine since childhood! How glorious! (For those who don't know, I am lying and bandwagonning. When I was a child the Colts played in Baltimore, not my native Indianapolis).

My Cubbies missed out on signing Rafael Furcal, but recovered nicely by getting Juan Pierre as their new lead-off hitter. They also stocked up in the 'pen (Dempster re-signed, Eyre and Howry added, some good young arms coming along). If they can get a 30/100 man in right field, they will be ready for a run at glory this year (and I mean it this time).

And now to my Pacers. Ron Artest demanded a trade this weekend. He did so inappropriately by going to the newspaper instead of to the GM (who happens to be Larry Legend). Hate to say it, but it's time to send this guy packing. Wouldn't be surprised, though, if it takes a while. The Legend isn't going to be taken advantage of. Someone's going to have to give us some real players in return. Players that will still allow us to achieve glory this season.

And, my Hoosiers beat the Wildcats for the first time since the General moved to Texas. Finally.

And now, back to the study of Intellectual Property Law. Thanks for taking this study break with me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

So much lingo makes me think you're not speaking the same language as me. I played baseball and was really good at it, but I have no idea what a 30/100 man is.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What is it with sports fans and the phrase "My (team name)?" You all are nuts!

10:59 PM  
Blogger The Hubbard Family said...

30/100 = Home Runs / Runs Batted In!

And yes, we are nuts, but its the repressed warrior within us. Kind of like why people watch reality shows (which I personally don't get)?!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I choose to live vicariously through myself

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home