Sunday, May 23, 2004

Preparing
In this season, I'm asking myself two basic questions that I think we all would do well to be asking:

1) How's it going with Father?

2) How's it going with Family?

More specifically, is there anything going on directly between God & me? Is there life flowing from Him to me (other than what is dependant on some book, or some idea, or some religous event, etc?). I'm becoming convinced it all starts with that connection and then flows to our connections with each other and then our connections to the rest of the world.

Then, what's going on between me and my most intimate community? Are we connected relationally, and is there a depth to why we are a community? If not, what am I doing (or who am I being) to allow that depth to improve?

I'm not there yet on either of these issues. But I'm convinced that our health is more dependant on these questions than on many of the exterior issues on which we more commonly focus our attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home