Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Gifts
Yesterday the theme of spiritual gifts emerged in my life (for the first time in a couple of years).

At my lunch meeting, someone asked me about them. I was caught off guard, but shared my theory that we often see our gifts and others' gifts better in the rear view mirror than in the windshield. It's easier to say, "Wow, you were used as a ____________" after it happens than to try to predict someone's specific giftings beforehand.

Last night, one of my spiritual families served Rebekah, Tori, and me. They worked for hours on projects around our house that I just couldn't do (I've got this hand-eye coordination issue that is more than just a joke). It really helped us out, and I think in some ways they really enjoyed doing it. There was something really right about it. Somehow their gifts were emerging to serve me. Hopefully my gifts have or will serve them as well.

I read through I Cor. 12-14 this morning. It's been a while since I've read through that one. There's some stuff there that doesn't fit neatly into my otherwise well-developed theology. God may be teaching me something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home