Thursday, May 08, 2003

I am on my blogging honeymoon (I'm still doing it more than once a day). I'll settle into a more realistic pattern soon, I promise.

I can't really vent my soul without giving you some M. Scott Peck. So, from The Road Less Travelled, here goes . . .

"Life is difficult. This is a great truth, one of the greatest truths. It is a great truth because once we truly see this truth, we transcend it. Once we truly know that life is difficult -- once we truly understand and accept it -- then life is no longer difficult."

"It is in the giving up of self that human beings can find the most ecstatic and lasting, solid, durable joy of life."

"The best decision-makers are those who are willing to suffer the most over their decisions but still retain their ability to be decisive."

I included that last one as a direct reference to my recent law-school decision. Big decisions are a pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home