Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Here is the story of how I came to blog.
I was in the office this afternoon, and almost ready to leave. Jeremy called. He said, "I'm coming over there. How long are you going to be in the office?" Without thinking, I said, "for at least a couple of hours." I really only had two more things to do. Yet I was socially obligated to stay "for at least a couple of hours." So, I set up my blog, a project that has been on my back burner of good intentions for a few months now.

For the next half hour I stared at a blank screen trying to come up with a title. For the last twenty of those thrity minutes, Joe also stared at my blank screen and tried to help me come up with a title. Soul Vent. All I'm saying is that the word Vent has more than one meaning, and if you are not impressed then try your own hand at coming up with a title for a blog on a day when you set up your blog only because you were socially obligated to be where you are longer than you need to be.

Soon you will see bits & pieces of things I have written, saved on my computer, and wondered if anybody would ever read. Until then . . . .



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home