Sunday, December 10, 2006

Marathoning Vegas Style

I ran the New Las Vegas Half Marathon this morning in 1 hour and 53 minutes. I'm pleased with the time. I beat my other half marathon, which I ran four years ago at 2 hours and 9 minutes.

I only got about an hour of sleep last night leading up to it, thanks to Lucas waking up every hour, and thanks to me having to get up at 4AM anyway. Still, it was a lot of fun. Blue Man Group was performing at the start line. I saw an actual bride running in a wedding dress.

The run began at the Mandalay Bay and went all the way up the strip, all just before sunrise. Cool to run amidst the bright lights of Vegas. Running through the Fremont Street Experience when it was decorated for Christmas was also very cool. Then we cut back through the 'hood, and ended up on Dean Martin back at the Mandalay Bay.

I met up with Rebekah and the kids, and we walked another couple of miles to where the car was parked. Very glad I did it, but now I'm tired and my legs ache.

Time to turn the page and get ready for another exam middle of this week.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to see you sported the cubbies hat during the run. congrats greg!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Gregg Stokes said...

Greg, you rock, I am so proud of you. That is a great personal record and a great achievement. I am glad you had a great time and a great a run.

2:52 AM  
Blogger tommy said...

Congratulations Greg. I am proud of you. San Diego????

11:15 PM  
Blogger Gregg Stokes said...

A belated BRAVO!

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home